Yellowfin Tuna Tartare
This easy summer refreshing appetizer is sure to please all your guests. It is light, refreshing and super easy to prepare. You get a little bit of the cucumber crunch, citrus texture, spice from the Japanese togarashi seasoning and fresh tuna that ties it all together. The perfect bite is waiting for you!
Share with your friends
- 12 ounces Yellow Fin Tina, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 4 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- pinch kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon togarashi seasoning
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Add diced tuna, green onions and sesame seed to the bowl of sauce and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together avocado, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper and togarashi.
- Plate tartare using a round mold or circular ramekin. On the bottom add the mixed veggies and then tuna. Press down and then lift the mold upward. Serve and enjoy!