Sea Scallops U10 1 Lb. - Frozen
Often referred to as the “candy of the sea”, our sea scallops are a City Pier best seller. These sweet & delicate scallops are nothing short of divine prepared with a simple sear and served over pasta or with a creamy risotto.
- United States
- All Natural
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Low Fat
- Low Saturated Fat
- No Preservatives
Sweet and Creamy
It’s important to open and inspect your shipment as soon as you can after it arrives on your doorstep.
While there are a number of safe ways to thaw shellfish, by far, the best approach to preserve its flavor and consistency is to thaw it in the refrigerator.
Remove the scallops from the original packaging and place them on a plate or shallow pan to catch any liquid. Thaw it in the refrigerator for 18-24 hours before you plan to cook it, preferably overnight.
- Species: Sea Scallops
- Scientific Name: Placopecten magellanicus
- Sustainability Rating: MSC
- Country of Origin: United States
- Region of Origin: Atlantic Northwest (FAO 21)
- Method of Production: Wild Caught
- Method of Catch: Dredge
- Seasonal Availability: Year-Round
Sea Scallops are wild caught and sustainably sourced by some of the world’s finest fisheries, working in highly controlled and regulated conditions. We only work with sources committed to maintaining ideal environmental conditions.
As a member of the Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative, City Pier Seafood and its parent company, Raw Seafoods, Inc. are among 90+ stakeholders committed to aligning global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Together we are proud to support the GSSI mission to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood.
Sea Scallops are an excellent source of high-quality protein, minerals, and are naturally low in fat.
- Contains: Shellfish
- Dietary Information: Heart Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Nutrient Rich, Paleo, Whole 30
- Additional Information: All Natural, Excellent Source of Protein, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, No Preservatives
- Recommended Wine Pairings: Muscadet, Oaked Chardonnay, Pinot Gris