Extra Jumbo Farm-Raised Shrimp - 2 Lb. Frozen
These beautiful, extra-jumbo shrimp are shelled, deveined, and sure to please even the most discerning palate. The meat is mild, sweet and the texture firm, making them deliciously versatile and a City Pier customer favorite.
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Low Calorie
- Low Fat
Extra jumbo white shrimp, with its deliciously mild and sweet flavor, blends beautifully with other flavors, making it incredibly versatile to cook with and serve.
Peeled & Deveined, Tail On, 16/20
It’s important to open and inspect your shipment as soon as you can after it arrives on your doorstep.
While there are a number of safe ways to thaw shellfish, by far, the best approach to preserve its flavor and consistency is to thaw it in the refrigerator.
Remove shrimp from the original packaging and place them on a plate or shallow pan to catch any liquid. Thaw in the refrigerator for 18-24 hours (preferably overnight) before you plan to cook it.
Our Favorite Shrimp Recipes:
- Species: White Shrimp
- Scientific Name: Litopenaeus vannamei
- Sustainability Rating: BAP 2+
- Country of Origin: India
- Region of Origin: Indian Ocean Eastern (FAO 57), Pacific Western Central (FAO 71)
- Method of Production: Farm Raised
- Method of Catch: Pond
- Seasonal Availability: Year-Round
Our white shrimp are sustainably farm raised and sourced by some of the world’s finest fisheries, working in highly controlled and regulated conditions. We only work with sources committed to maintaining ideal environmental conditions.
As a member of the Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI), City Pier Seafood and its parent company, Raw Seafoods, Inc. are among 90+ stakeholders committed to aligning global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Together we are proud to support the GSSI mission to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood.
White Shrimp are naturally very low in carbohydrates and fat, with loads of beneficial vitamins and minerals. It's one of nature's best sources of iodine, a mineral important for thyroid function and brain health.
- Contains: Crustacean Shellfish
- Dietary Information: Heart Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Nutrient Rich, Paleo, Whole 30
- Additional Information: Excellent Source of Protein, Low Calorie, Low Fat
- Recommended Wine Pairings: Champagne, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc
Serves:2 peoplePrep Time:00h 10Cook Time:00h 50
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 00Cook Time:00h 45
Serves:2 peoplePrep Time:00h 00Cook Time:00h 20
Serves:6 peoplePrep Time:00h 00Cook Time:00h 45