Large Wild Caught Shrimp - 1 Lb. Frozen
These beautiful, perfectly sized shrimp are shelled, deveined, and are sure to please even the most discerning palate. The meat is mild, sweet and the texture firm, making them deliciously versatile and a City Pier customer favorite.
- All Natural
- Excellent Source of Protein
- No Preservatives
Briny and Sweet
Peeled & Deviened, Tail Off, 31/40
It’s important to open and inspect your shipment as soon as you can after it arrives on your doorstep.
While there are a number of safe ways to thaw shellfish, by far, the best approach to preserve its flavor and consistency is to thaw it in the refrigerator.
Remove the scallops from the original packaging and place them on a plate or shallow pan to catch any liquid. Thaw it in the refrigerator for 18-24 hours before you plan to cook it, preferably overnight.
- Species: White Shrimp
- Scientific Name: Litopenaeus vannamei
- Sustainability Rating: BAP 2+
- Country of Origin: Mexico
- Region of Origin: Pacific Eastern Central (FAO 77)
- Method of Production: Wild Caught
- Method of Catch: Cast Net
- Seasonal Availability: Year-Round
Our white shrimp are sustainably farm raised and sourced by some of the world’s finest fisheries, working in highly controlled and regulated conditions. We only work with sources committed to maintaining ideal environmental conditions.
As a member of the Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI), City Pier Seafood and its parent company, Raw Seafoods, Inc. are among 90+ stakeholders committed to aligning global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Together we are proud to support the GSSI mission to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood.
Shrimp are naturally very low in carbohydrates and fat, with loads of beneficial vitamins and minerals. It's one of nature's best sources of iodine, a mineral important for thyroid function and brain health.
- Contains: Crustacean Shellfish
- Dietary Information: Heart Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Nutrient Rich, Paleo, Whole 30
- Additional Information: All Natural, Excellent Source of Protein, No Preservatives
- Recommended Wine Pairings: Champagne, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 15Cook Time:00h 25
Serves:8 - 12 peoplePrep Time:00h 20Cook Time:00h 35
Serves:4 - 6 peoplePrep Time:00h 00Cook Time:00h 19