Swordfish 2 x 8 Oz. Portions – Frozen
The simple, natural flavor and meaty, firm texture of swordfish is perfectly prepared when grilled or broiled with nothing more than a little salt and pepper.
- Globally Sourced Except China
- Excellent Source of Protein
- High Vitamin B-6
- High Vitamin B-12
The premium flavorful cuts and ease of preparation make City Pier Swordfish a customer favorite. Its moist, meaty texture is incredibly delicious both simply prepared and with the lightest of seasonings. Make it a little more special with a marinade or finish with an herbed compound butter. Baked, broiled, grilled - it is nothing short of divine.
It’s important to open and inspect your shipment as soon as you can after it arrives on your doorstep.
Flash-frozen at sea and at the peak of freshness, frozen swordfish is always an excellent choice.
While there are a number of safe ways to thaw frozen fish, by far, the best approach to preserve its flavor and consistency is to thaw it in the refrigerator. Simply remove the swordfish from its original packaging and place it on a plate or shallow pan to catch any liquid. Thaw it in the refrigerator for 18-24 hours (preferably overnight) before you plan to cook it.
Our Favorite Swordfish Recipes:
- Species: Swordfish
- Scientific Name: Xiphias gladius
- Sustainability Rating: MBA Green and Yellow
- Country of Origin: Globally Sourced Except China
- Region of Origin: Highly Migratory—Sustainably Sourced Worldwide
- Method of Production: Wild Caught
- Method of Catch: Harpoon, Longline, Pole Caught
- Seasonal Availability: Year-Round
Swordfish is wild caught and sustainably sourced by some of the world’s finest fisheries, working in highly controlled and regulated conditions. We only work with sources committed to maintaining ideal environmental conditions.
As a member of the Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI), City Pier Seafood and its parent company, Raw Seafoods, Inc. are among 90+ stakeholders committed to aligning global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Together we are proud to support the GSSI mission to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood.
Swordfish is an excellent source of protein and is naturally high in vitamins B-6, B-12 and good source of vitamin E. It’s naturally low in sodium, and a good source of potassium and zinc.
- Contains: Fish (Swordfish)
- Dietary Information: Heart Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Nutrient Dense, Nutrient Rich, Paleo, Whole 30
- Additional Information: Excellent Source of Protein, High Vitamin B-6, High Vitamin B-12
- Recommended Wine Pairings: Grenache Blanc, Oaked Chardonnay, Viognier
Serves:2 peoplePrep Time:00h 15Cook Time:00h 10
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 05Cook Time:00h 10
Serves:1 personPrep Time:00h 10Cook Time:00h 10
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 10Cook Time:00h 20
Great swordfishSwordfish, although frozen, defrosted well and tasted amazing.