Yellowfin Tuna 2 x 6 Oz. Portions – Fresh
The rich and meaty flavor and silky, melt-in-your mouth texture of yellowfin tuna makes it a City Pier favorite among seasoned professionals and home chefs alike.
- Costa Rica, Indonesia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, South Africa, Trinidad, United States
- Excellent Source of Protein
- High Vitamin B-6
- High Vitamin B-12
Yellowfin/Ahi tuna is an affordable indulgence, best when prepared simply. Its mild yet meaty consistency can be enjoyed raw, cooked through, and everything in between. Its silky, mild taste shines through when raw and cooked with only a slight sear.
It’s important to open and inspect your shipment as soon as you can after it arrives on your doorstep.
The beauty of purchasing fresh yellowfin tuna? It’s ready to prepare, any way you like, as soon as you open your shipment.
- Species: Yellowfin Tuna
- Alternate Name: Ahi
- Scientific Name: Thunnus albacares
- Sustainability Rating: MBA Green and Yellow
- Country of Origin: Costa Rica, Indonesia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, South Africa, Trinidad, United States
- Region of Origin: Highly Migratory—Sustainably Sourced Worldwide
- Method of Production: Wild Caught
- Method of Catch: Longline, Pole Caught
- Seasonal Availability: Year-Round
Yellowfin tuna is wild caught and sustainably sourced by some of the world’s finest fisheries, working in highly controlled and regulated conditions. We only work with sources committed to maintaining ideal environmental conditions.
As a member of the Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI), City Pier Seafood and its parent company, Raw Seafoods, Inc. are among 90+ stakeholders committed to aligning global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Together we are proud to support the GSSI mission to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood.
Yellowfin tuna is an excellent source of protein and is naturally high in vitamins B-6, B-12, and vitamin D. It’s naturally low in sodium and fat, and a good source of potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
- Contains: Fish (Tuna)
- Dietary Information: Heart Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Nutrient Dense, Nutrient Rich, Paleo, Whole 30
- Additional Information: Excellent Source of Protein, High Vitamin B-6, High Vitamin B-12
- Recommended Wine Pairings: Dry Rosé, Oaked Chardonnay, Viognier
Serves:2 peoplePrep Time:00h 15Cook Time:00h 05
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 25Cook Time:00h 05
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 00Cook Time:00h 15
Serves:12 peoplePrep Time:00h 00Cook Time:00h 20